IN THIS ISSUE...
Christmas and New Year's Eve in The Rocks
Chinese New Year
Housekeeping - Garbage
Support During the Busy Festive Season
Help us support you and maximise your business during the festive season!
The Christmas period is a time for connecting and socialising with friends and family, so it’s a time when hospitality businesses are booming and the majority of retail sales for the year take place in December.
The Rocks will be getting festive with:
• The return of The Rocks snow dome on the First Fleet Park Steps.
• A new suspended Christmas installation at Kendall Lane.
• Christmas markets will run throughout December in Jack Mundey Place and Playfair Street
• Live entertainment with musicians and roving performances in the precinct throughout the month.
As always, we’re offering extensive marketing support to all of our tenants. There’s still time to submit your Christmas plans and special offers, so we can support you across our digital marketing channels. Simply email details and imagery to our Marketing Advisors Jennifer Sakr and Kirstie Abdallah. You can also upload your content via our Umbraco system.
New Year's Eve
New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest days of the year and we would love to hear what you have planned.
If you are running an event or special offer, please send through the details and imagery to our Marketing Advisors Jennifer Sakr and Kirstie Abdallah. You can also upload your content via our Umbraco system.
The deadline to receive your offer for inclusion in our marketing campaign is Friday 23 November.
New Year’s Eve information and traffic updates will be provided in the December Rocks Tenant Newsletter
Lunar New Year in The Rocks
The festive season continues with the Year of The Pig soon upon us. Chinese New Year 2019 will be on Tuesday 5 February, 2019.
The Lantern Festival will return to the precinct and Property NSW will be making sure The Rocks precinct shines for Lunar New Year celebrations, with lunar lanterns, special precinct lighting and entertainment throughout The Rocks.
It's now time to start thinking about your special retail offers for the Lunar New Year. Exclusive cocktails, special food and dessert offerings, lucky envelope giveaways or special red packaging are just some of the great ideas that tenants have used in the past.
This year there will be Lunar New Year Markets in Jack Mundey Place on Friday – Sunday from 10am – 10pm, It’s a great opportunity for your business to trade late and take advantage of the festivities.
There will be an extensive marketing support including PR, paid media and in-precinct signage. Please share your Lunar New Year plan with us so we can support you across our marketing channels.
Simply email details and imagery to our Marketing Advisors Jennifer Sakr and Kirstie Abdallah. You can also upload your content via our Umbraco system.
Do Your Bit to Keep Our Precinct Beautiful
Everyone needs to play their role in keeping The Rocks beautiful and litter free.
There is a responsibility for tenants to manage the waste generated by their customers, which is being increasingly found in the public domain. When tenants don't supply designated ashtrays, cigarette butts and napkins end up on the ground and eventually end up in our beautiful harbour. We urge tenants who serve alcohol to please consider where their customers smoke and how they dispose of their cigarette butts.
As part of the Smoke Free Environment Act 2000 - smoking is banned within four 4 metres of a pedestrian entrance or exit to a public building, this includes professional trade and other business premises.
Mill Lane – Use of Correct Waste Bins
A reminder that tenants using the Mill Lane garbage room need to place their waste in the correct colour bins:
Red - General Waste
Yellow - Comingled
Blue - Cardboard
Any tenants putting waste on the floor may face action. No garbage is to be placed in the public domain (e.g. footpaths, roadways, plazas, reserves) at any time.
UPdate: Construction works in the rocks
Updates and improvements are well underway at Campbells Cove and now Greenway Lane.
Campbells Cove Public Domain upgrade
• The turning circle paving has been completed and was opened to the Port Authority on Saturday 20 October.
• The new stairs precast is completed and paving and roadworks are underway.
• The Campbells Stores internal base build is almost complete, and external works are progressing with the northern section of outdoor dining, slab poured, and steel work installed.
• The completion date for the public domain and Stores external areas is scheduled for Wednesday 5 December 2018.
• Fit outs for the Campbells Store restaurants will commence shortly.
135 George Street
• Painting of building has been completed.
• Restoration of the stone façade is almost complete with the last pieces of stone to be installed this week.
• Internal restoration works are now complete with only minor seismic stabilisation works to be completed in the roof space.
102 George Street (Coroners Court)
• The slate roof has been removed and the new slate has now arrived ready for installation
• Restoration of the stone and brick façade are well advanced and internal works are progressing.
Greenway Lane Upgrade
• High heels will soon be a lot safer to wear in Greenway Lane with works underway to beautify the area. The existing heritage cobble stones will be pulled up and then re-laid to create a level walkable area throughout the laneway.
Dali Exhibition Comes to the Rocks
Billich Gallery have partnered with global art company Art Evolution to bring a significant Salvador Dali sculpture exhibition to The Rocks.
January 2019 marks 30 years since the passing of Salvador Dalí. To celebrate his life and legacy, Art Evolution has partnered with The Dalí Universe in Switzerland, owners of the largest collection of Salvador Dalí sculptures in the world. The Dalí Universe are International Dalí exhibition specialists, whose museum shows have attracted more than 12 million visitors worldwide. The major exhibition of Salvador Dalí bronze sculptures and graphic artworks will tour Australia and New Zealand.
Included in the Sydney exhibition are three spectacular museum size Dalí bronze sculptures and one Monumental Dalí bronze sculpture (valued at $2.8 Million), which will be publicly displayed on George Street opposite First Fleet Park.
Salvador Dalí is perhaps most famous for his iconic melted clock. The monumental Nobility of Time and the museum edition Dance of Time II sculptures, included in this exhibition, are two melted clock masterpieces. Also on display will be a collection of graphics by Salvador Dalí and original paintings by Charles Billich, who for more than 50 years has been collected worldwide.
The exhibition will run from November 2018 to January 2019 and will be a major visitation driver to the precinct.
A lunch special? A discount? A gift with purchase? If you have a Tenant Treat you would like to share with your neighbours, please contact Sarah.Bray@property.nsw.gov.au and we will include it in the next tenant newsletter.