Please send your completed application, along with photographs and samples of your product to:
New Stallholder Applications
The Rocks Markets
PO Box N408
Please note: The Rocks Markets cannot process incomplete applications, or applications where photographs and samples have not been supplied (links to websites are not sufficient). If your samples are of high value, perishable or fragile, please contact us to make special arrangements to accept delivery.
Samples will be returned to you using standard Australia Post services unless you contact us to make other arrangements. Perishable goods such as foodstuffs or goods with a contamination risk such as cosmetic products will not be returned and will be disposed of after assessment unless you contact us to make other arrangements.
If you would like to deliver your application and samples during normal business hours they may be left with the reception desk of Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority at Level 6, 66 Harrington Street, The Rocks (please note that Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority is not the site office of The Rocks Market and they are only accepting deliveries on our behalf).
Once your application and samples have been received the application process normally takes 4 – 6 weeks to complete.
If you have any queries or require assistance with your application, please call The Rocks Markets on (02) 9240 8717, or email email@example.com.
How will my stallholder application be assessed?
Your application, photographs and samples will be presented to an assessment committee who will firstly decide whether your application meets the required criteria for a new Rocks Markets Stallholder. If your application is found to meet the criteria it will then need to achieve a minimum entry score under assessment by the committee. Please note the assessment committee may request further information or other materials to be supplied in order to complete the application process.
When does The Rocks Markets open?
- The Rocks Markets trades every Saturday and Sunday (except Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve) from 10am to 5pm.
- The Rocks Foodie Market trades on Fridays (except Good Friday and from December 25 to January 26, inclusive) from 9am to 3pm.
- The Rocks Markets also trades on some public holidays and during special events.
How much does a stall cost?
- As of May 2014, a stall at the Saturday and Sunday market is $133.25 (GST inclusive) per day, with an additional $15 per day for electricity.
- As of February 2014, a stall at the Friday Foodies Market is $71.50 (GST inclusive) per day, with an additional $15 per day for electricity. Pricing for other market events varies.
Please note: The Rocks Markets does not take applications for hot food stallholders as The Rocks precinct is well serviced by cafes and restaurants. All hot food vendors are existing tenants.
Do I have to trade every week?
No. If your application is successful you will receive a casual stallholder agreement that allows you to book for available places using an online booking system. You are not required to trade for a minimum number of days during the period of your stallholder agreement.
What booking options are available?
- You can book for full weekends (Saturday and Sunday) or for Sunday only. We also have a Saturday only waitlist option.
- Each month you have the option to book for a four-week block of full weekends (not Sundays or Saturdays only).
- Full weekend bookings open at 9am on the Monday morning 12 days prior to the trading date, and close at 9am on the Friday morning eight days prior to the trading date.
- Sunday only bookings open at 5pm on Wednesday afternoons 11 days prior to the trading date.
What is provided?
- In most areas you will be provided with a 2.4 metre x 2.4 metre space with either a pop-up marquee or umbrella as overhead coverage for your space.
- If you are trading inside the George Street canopy your stall space will be 2.4 metres wide x 2.1 metres deep and in most locations you will be provided with a back rack.
- We can also provide for your use a 2.4 metre or a 1.8 metre trestle table, or you can use your own furniture (with approval). The Rocks Markets does not charge for the use of trestle tables but can only supply one table per stall.