**Due to a high volume of applications, please be aware that your application may not be assessed in time for Christmas Trading.**
How will my stallholder application be assessed?
Your application, photographs and samples will be presented to an assessment committee who review your application. If your application meets the criteria it then needs to achieve a minimum entry score. Please note the assessment committee may request further information or other materials to be supplied in order to complete the application process.
How do I know if my application was submitted successfully?
If your application form has been submitted successful, you will receive an on-screen confirmation with “Your Form Has Been Submitted” as well an email with a copy of your application.
If you have not received the above confirmation, you will need to resubmit your application, making sure all mandatory fields (fields marked with an asterisk ‘*’) have been entered. If you have any issue submitting your application, please contact The Rocks Market on 0412 271 725.
How long does this process take?
Once your application and samples have been received the application process normally takes 4 – 6 weeks.
While every effort is made to process incoming applications within 6 weeks, please be aware that processing times may increase due to department priorities.
How can I send my samples for assessment?
Samples can be posted to:
The Rocks Markets
PO Box N408
Alternatively, you can drop them off Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm, at our Reception Desk on; Level 4, 66 Harrington Street, The Rocks.
Please note: Incomplete applications without samples may not be processed. Please keep samples to a manageable size. If your samples are larger than 50cm wide x 40cm deep x 40cm high, please call The Rocks Markets on 0412 271 725 to make alternate arrangements.
Will I receive my samples back?
Samples will be returned to you using standard Australia Post services (without tracking) unless you contact us to make other arrangements. Perishable goods such as foodstuffs or goods with contamination risk such as cosmetic and aromatic products will not be returned and will be disposed off after assessment unless you contact us to make other arrangements prior to assessment.
When does The Rocks Markets open?
- The Rocks Markets trades every Saturday and Sunday (except Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve) from 10am to 5pm.
- The Rocks Friday Foodie Market trades on Fridays (except Good Friday, ANZAC Day when it falls on a Friday and the week between Christmas and New Years Day) from 9am to 3pm.
- The Rocks Markets also trades on some public holidays and special event days.
How much does a stall cost?
- For the Saturday and Sunday market a standard 2.4 x 2.4m stall is $136 per day, a 3 x 3m stall is $212.50 per day and a 1.5 x 1.5m stall is $56 per day, with an additional $15 per day for electricity (all prices are GST inclusive).
- A stall at the Friday Foodies Market ranges from $30 to $140 per day depending on size with an additional $15 per day for electricity (GST inclusive).
- Pricing for hot food vending and special event markets vary.
Do I have to trade every week?
No. If your application is successful you will receive a casual stallholder agreement that allows you to book for available places using an online booking system.
What booking options are available?
You are able to book for Friday, Saturday and Sunday consecutively or a combination of individual days.
What is provided?
- You will be provided with either a pop-up marquee, umbrella or an area under the George Street canopy.
- We can provide 1 trestle table per stall either a 2.4 metre or a 1.8 metre trestle table. Stallholders can use their own furniture (with approval).