The Secrets are Alive in the Sandstone – join us in visiting these picturesque historic sights and hear our tales about ordinary people who did extraordinary things and so began our compelling story of British Australian settlement!
The Rocks Walking Tours’ specialist trained local guides provide walking tours within the heart of historic and picturesque Rocks precinct, departing daily at 10.30am and 1.30pm from our office handily located within The Rocks.
The tour is conducted within intimate groups of no more than 25 people for a duration of 90 minutes covering approximately 2 kilometres at a leisurely pace.
Our groups weave their way through hidden narrow alleyways, along charming cobbled lanes and into shady courtyards, lingering by quaint terrace cottages, some of these sites could be overlooked by casual unguided visitor.
You will be captivated by the charm of this special place and our commentary will intrigue & entertain you for the time that you share with us!
- The shoreline of sparkling Sydney Cove
- harbour views of Sydney's Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Cadman's Cottage, Sydney CBD's oldest surviving cottage built in 1816
- Campbell's Cove; is a beautiful, intimate cove offering fantastic views of Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Campbells Cove wharves
- awe inspiring Argyle Cut; was begun with convict labour in 1843 to provide direct easy access between Millers Point and The Rocks but was not completed until 1859, with the use of explosives and labour.
- Garrison Church; officially known as the Church of Holy Trinity, built in 1840s; its nickname came from the British soldiers stationed in nearby Dawes Battery, who attended during its first 40 years.
- Within The Rocks historic precinct we will wander through George Street, Greenway Lane, Kendall Lane, Rocks Square, Playfair Street, Foundation Park, Suez Canal and Nurses Walk and much more!
$12 Child 5-16 yrs
$62 Family (2 adults + 2 children)
Free - children under 5 years
We also specialise in exclusive Private Group bookings for domestic and international visitors to The Rocks and Sydney as well as the The Rocks Walking Tours Education Program specialising in the History & Heritage of The Rocks, Millers Point and Circular Quay introducing generations of students to the importance of these areas and their place in our history.