In July, the French are returning to The Rocks to celebrate the 7th Bastille Festival anniversary with you – and this year the party’s going to be even bigger and more Frenchy than ever!
So, dig your beret out of the cupboard and get ready to join in the 4-day French food, wine and art revolution, the likes of which Sydney has never seen before!
In case you’re not familiar with the event, Bastille Festival Sydney is a free entry, French cultural celebration of food, wine and art, held annually in Sydney’s Circular Quay and The Rocks. This year the festival will be held from Thursday, 11 July – Sunday, 14 July.
Join the revolution!
This year's festival will bring back all of your French favourites, including:
- The Parisian Foodie Village (located in front of Customs House), which will be packed with all the traditional French foodie treats, such as raclette, crepes, saucisson, fresh baguettes, soups, croque-monsieur and more.
- The Gourmet Produce Alley (located beneath the Cahill Expressway), is where you’ll find all of the fancy take-home gifts, such as truffles, mustards, French linen, candies and biscuits.
- First Fleet Park (next to the MCA), is home to the Festival’s main entertainment stage plus you will find a curated selection of some of the festival's favourite restaurants, who will once again be delivering specialty dishes with a unique French fusion twist.
- Le Mulled Wine Cinema (located on the grassy area in front of the Museum of Contemporary Art) is the intimate outdoor winter cinema and it is returning with all of your French cinema favourites, together with a private, hot mulled wine bar, fresh popcorn and other cinema sweets.
- The Rocks Christmas in July Village was so hugely popular last year that it has doubled in size and tripled the amount of Christmas decorations and Christmas theming. More French Christmas than you can poke a baguette at!