We want to reassure you that the team at The Rocks have been vigilant in monitoring the situation and share how we are proactively implementing measures to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all customers, retailers, staff and local community.
A focus on cleanliness and hygiene practices
We have high standards of rigorous cleaning and hygiene through our shopping and dining precincts and have recently increased our vigilance of cleaning in frequently used touch points.
We are working closely with our retailer partners to ensure they follow the same levels of cleanliness and hygiene.
As per the guidance of the Department of Health, we encourage all customers to maintain good personal hygiene practices including washing your hands often with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser, covering your mouth while coughing and sneezing, and keeping your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth to prevent germs from spreading. If you are unwell, stay home and seek medical attention immediately if you are showing any of the viral symptoms.
For additional information please visit health.nsw.gov.au.
The Rocks remains open for business
With a strong focus on following the necessary wellbeing precautions, The Rocks remains open and trading so that we can continue to serve our community and our retailers, ensuring that products and services are readily available. Individual store trading hours may vary and are subject to change and we encourage our customers to keep up-to-date via our website, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As circumstances continue to evolve, we will remain vigilant and responsive to amending our approach, ensuring that the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, retailers, staff and community is our highest priority.
From Friday 23 October 2020 certain restrictions have eased:
- 30 people can gather outdoors in public spaces (previously this was 20)
- 30 customers per booking, and 30 customers per table at hospitality venues (previously the rule was a maximum of 10)
- in addition, as of last Friday 16 October 2020, corporate functions of up to 300 people can now be held at any appropriate premises, including at restaurants, subject to a COVID-Safe plan (previously just function centres).
- worship, weddings and funerals – up to 150 people can attend weddings, 50 at funerals and 50 at places of worship.
- from 1 December 2020, the number of people who can attend weddings will be lifted to 300 people subject to the four square metre rule indoors and two square metre rule outdoors.
Customers are encouraged to call ahead to reserve tables, rather than gathering out the front of venues to queue.
All food and drink premises:
- must have one person per 4 square metres of space in indoor areas, plus one person per 2 square metres of space in outdoor areas
- up to a total of 300 persons.
- should encourage physical distancing
- should follow and encourage good hand hygiene at all times to keep customers and staff safe
- can continue to provide takeaway food to be consumed off the premises
- if they are part of an accommodation facility such as a hotel, can continue room service.
We thank you for your continued support.