Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions are in reference to Sydney New Year’s Eve (NYE19) ticketed areas in The Rocks and Circular Quay and are referred to as:
- Hickson Road Reserve – Paid Ticketing
- Campbells Cove – Paid Ticketing
- PMNSW is the owner of the land and the site manager. Eventopia is providing the infrastructure for the ticketing (issuing and sales) and PMNSW is the Event Organiser for the ticketed areas.
- Access to these ticketed areas on NYE19 is strictly limited to valid ticket holders only and is subject to these Terms and Conditions which are subject to change.
- By acquiring tickets to, and attending NYE19 at any of the above sites (“ticketed area(s)”) all attendees agree to these terms and conditions and to follow the directions of the Event Organiser, the site manager or their agents. Any parent or guardian of a minor attending NYE19 acknowledges and agrees to the following matters, on their own behalf and on behalf of the minor.
- There are two areas of The Rocks and Circular Quay that are ticketed areas owned by Place Management NSW for NYE19.
Hickson Road Reserve (“HRR”)”). The time period of the event is 5pm on 31 December 2019 to 1am on 1 January 2020.
Campbells Cove (“CC”). The time period of the event is 12pm on 31 December 2019 – 12.45am on 1st January 2020.
- Every person requires a ticket and it must be presented to enter the ticketed area. A digital or a ‘print at home’ ticket must be presented. Every person requires a ticket, including children in strollers. Babies under 12 months do not require a ticket.
- Children 0 – 3 years old are free of charge but require a ticket.
- Children 4 – 12 years old are at 50% of adult ticket price.
- Adults are classified as 13 years and above.
- Each ticket is individually barcoded. Tickets may not be resold or reissued other than in accordance with NSW Fair Trading Act 1987. Any breach of the Fair Trading Act 1987 may result in the ticket being cancelled and entry refused.
- This is an outdoor event subject to weather. Fireworks are presented by the City of Sydney. Place Management NSW (PMNSW) is not responsible for the fireworks and will not issue refunds in the event that the fireworks are cancelled by City of Sydney for any reason.
- Attendees are subject to security screening, including identity verification, metal detections wand search, and bag search prior to entry into, and inside, the ticketed area.
- Attendees must NOT bring the following items into the ticketed area:
any illegal substances;
any beverage that is not sealed, including thermoses;
glassware or breakable containers;
offensive weapons including knives, laser pointers, selfie sticks;
umbrellas above 50cm in length, tarps, tents, shade structures, tables, milk crates or chairs (other than low-line beach chairs). No pegging or other penetration to the turf or ground is permitted;
fireworks, sparklers, open flames including candles, party poppers, balloons;
BBQs and cooking equipment;
balls, frisbees, skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, bicycles, kites and drones;
pets other than Assistance Dogs; and,
any item which is illegal or which the Event Organiser or Site Manager considers dangerous or capable of causing nuisance or offence.
- Ticket holders are permitted to bring picnic rugs. Any umbrellas must be lowered during the fireworks to ensure other attendees have appropriate viewing.
- NYE19 is a smoke free event. Attendees must not smoke except within designated smoking areas. These areas will be signposted.
- Attendees must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and must act responsibly and follow requests made by Police, Event Organisers, security staff and their agents. Attendees breaching these requirements or participating in anti-social behaviour may be refused entry or be required to leave the ticketed area.
- Persons under the age of 18 years must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, parent or guardian at all times.
- By acquiring tickets attendees agree to waive, release and discharge PMNSW from any suit, demand or claim, whether present, future, or contingent arising as a cause of acquiring tickets for or attending the ticketed area.
- Attendees agree that, by attending, they may be photographed and/or filmed. The images and/or film may be used for future promotional purposes at no cost and without further request for consent.
- Passouts can be issued in Campbells Cove and Hickson Road Reserve. Note that any passout or reentry to the ticketed area issued is at the discretion of the Event Organiser or Site Manager.
- Refunds will not be issued for a change of mind or incorrect purchase, and refunds will only be offered in line with Australian Consumer Law.
By having tickets available to the public, Place Management NSW complies with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) and the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union in relation to the collection, storage and use of personal information.
When you purchase or request a ticket, We (“Place Management NSW”) will collect your information which may include your personal information. The ticket issuer is Eventopia and you should consider its terms and conditions relating to the collection and use of personal information.
When you use our websites, we collect information such as the browser and device you are using, your IP address, your location, and your use of our sites.
You agree that you consent to the collection of your personal information so that we can process your requests for tickets, take payments and issue tickets.
By requesting tickets for this Event (NYE2019) you consent to collection, use and storage of your personal information as it relates to the Event NYE2019. Your personal information may be used to send you customer service emails, to prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. You must elect (opt in) to allow other use of your personal information, for example to receive customer service emails not related to the event NYE2019. The personal information collected is your name, gender, country of residence and email address.
We confirm that your personal information will not be subject to automated decision-making software.
We may use aggregated personal information for statistical and analytical purposes. Your personal information will only be used in a de-personalised and aggregated manner.
We confirm that where you are authorised to unsubscribe at any time from any marketing lists. You may also request access to your data, and to correct it, at any time. You may also request that your personal information is erased in accordance with the applicable laws.
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information. We only keep your personal information for as long as required to provide you with the requested services, or for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purpose that requires us to keep the information.
Please contact email@example.com to request more information in relation to your personal information or to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your personal information.