Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions – New Year’s Eve Ticketing 2021
1. These terms and conditions are in reference to Sydney New Year’s Eve (NYE21) ticketed areas in The Rocks and Circular Quay and are referred to as:
- Hickson Road Reserve – Paid ticketing
- Dawes Point Park - Paid ticketing
- Campbells Cove – Paid ticketing
- West Circular Quay - Paid ticketing
- East Circular Quay - Paid ticketing
- CQ Wharf #2 - Paid ticketing
2. Access to these ticketed areas on NYE21 is strictly limited to valid ticket holders only and is subject to these Terms and Conditions which are subject to change.
3. By acquiring tickets to and attending NYE21 at any of the above sites (“ticketed area(s)”) all attendees agree to these terms and conditions and to follow the directions of the Event Organiser, the site manager or their agents. Any parent or guardian of a minor attending NYE21 acknowledges and agrees to the following matters, on their own behalf and on behalf of the minor.
4. PMNSW is the owner of the land and ACES (“Australian Concert and Entertainment Security”) will be the site manager. Humanitix is providing the infrastructure for the ticketing (issuing and sales) and PMNSW is the Event Organiser.
5. There are six areas of The Rocks and Circular Quay that are ticketed areas owned by Place Management NSW for NYE21.
- Hickson Road Reserve (“HRR”)”). The time period of the event is 6.00pm on 31 December 2021 to 1:00am on 1 January 2022.
- Dawes Point Park (“DPP”). The time period of the event is 6.00pm on 31 December 2021 to 1:00am on 1 January 2022.
- Campbells Cove (“CC”). The time period of the event is 6.00pm on 31 December 2021 to 1.00am on 1 January 2022.
- West Circular Quay (“WCQ”). The time period of the event is 6.00pm on 31 December 2021 – 1.00 am on 1st January 2022
- CQ Wharf #2 (“CQW2”). The time period of the event is 6.00pm on 31 December 2021 – 1 am on 1st January 2022
- East Circular Quay (“ECQ”). The time period of the event is 6.00pm on 31 December 2021 – 1 am on 1st January 2022
6. Every person requires a ticket and it must be presented to enter the ticketed area. A digital or a ‘print at home’ ticket must be presented. Every person requires a ticket, including children in strollers. Babies and toddlers 3 years and under are free however they must still purchase a ticket to ensure capacities are correctly managed.
7. Each ticket is individually barcoded. Tickets may not be resold or reissued other than in accordance with NSW Fair Trading Act 1987. Any breach of the Fair Trading Act 1987 may result in the ticket being cancelled and entry refused.
8. Fireworks are presented by the City of Sydney. Place Management NSW (PMNSW) is not responsible for the fireworks and will not issue refunds if the fireworks are cancelled by City of Sydney for any reason.
9. Attendees are subject to security screening, including identity verification, metal detections wand search, and bag search prior to entry into, and inside, the ticketed area.
10. Attendees must NOT bring the following items into the ticketed area:
- any illegal substances;
- any beverage that is not sealed, including thermoses;
- glassware or breakable containers;
- offensive weapons including knives (other than small sized picnicware), laser pointers, selfie sticks;
- umbrellas above 50cm in length, tarps, tents, shade structures, tables, milk crates or chairs (other than low-line beach chairs). No pegging or other penetration to the turf or ground is permitted;
- fireworks, sparklers, open flames including candles, party poppers, balloons;
- BBQs and cooking equipment;
- balls, frisbees, skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, bicycles, kites and drones;
- pets other than Assistance Dogs; and,
- any item which is illegal or which the Event Organiser or Site Manager considers dangerous or capable of causing nuisance or offence.
11. NYE21 is a smoke free event.
12. Attendees must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and must act responsibly and follow requests made by Police, Event organisers, security staff and their agents. Attendees breaching these requirements or participating in anti-socal behaviour may be refused entry or be required to leave the ticketed area.
13. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, parent or guardian at all times.
14. By acquiring tickets attendees agree to waive, release and discharge PMNSW from any suit, demand or claim, whether present, future, or contingent arising as a cause of acquiring tickets for or attending the ticketed area.
15. Attendees agree that, by attending, they may be photographed and/or filmed. The images and/or film may be used for future promotional purposes at no cost and without further request for consent.
16. No pass outs will be available. Note that any passout or reentry to the ticketed area issued is at the discretion of the Event Organiser or Site Manager.
17. Refunds will be offered up to and including 17th December 2021 if an interested party from the Humanitix waitlist will pay for the cancelled tickets.
When you purchase or request a ticket, We (“Place Management NSW, a division of Department of Planning, Infrastructure and Environment”) will collect your information which may include your personal information and billing information.
When you use our websites we collect information such as the browser and device you are using, your IP address, your location, and your use of our sites.
You agree that you consent to the collection of your personal information so that we can process your requests for tickets, take payments and issue tickets.
By requesting tickets for this Event (NYE2021) you consent to collection, use and storage of your personal information. You agree that your personal information may be used to send you customer service emails, to prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law.
We confirm that your personal information will not be subject to automated decision making software.
We may use aggregated personal information for statistical and analytical purposes. Your personal information will only be used in a de-personalised and aggregated manner.
We confirm that where you are authorised to unsubscribe at any time from any marketing lists. You may also request access to your data, and to correct it, at any time. You may also request that your personal information is erased in accordance with the applicable laws.
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information. We only keep your personal information for as long as required to provide you with the requested services, or for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purpose that requires us to keep the information.
Please contact 1300 275 223 to request more information in relation to use of your personal information or to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your personal information.
By purchasing or requesting tickets to NYE2021 you consent to the collection and use of your personal information.