The forecourt provides a paved square and faces the principal entrance to the Chinese Garden of Friendship.The Chinese Garden of Friendship Forecourt is a paved public site separating the Chinese Garden of Friendship from the International Convention Centre Sydney, and the Pier Street Overpass from Tumbalong Park.
The forecourt contains a fountain which may be switched off on application.The size and configuration of the forecourt lends the space to a variety of public events and activations.
Application and booking information
- Product sampling Public product displays
- Functions, Launches
- Pedestrian thoroughfare and connector between surrounding buildings and transport services
- Performances and events
- Passive recreation
In addition to general standards/criteria, the proposed event must:
- Remain clear of landscaping
- Maintain a 1.5m setback from trees
- Maintain access to the surrounding tenants
- Give consideration to the amenity of nearby tenants.
- Cumulative impact of temporary events
- Proximity to the Chinese Garden of Friendship and surrounding tenants
- Weight loading restrictions
SurfacePaved, fountains, trees and garden beds
ToiletsLiverpool Street, opposite Tumbalong Park west, and underneath Pier Street Overpass (including accessible toilets)
Pedestrian accessVia Tumbalong Boulevard
Vehicle accessVia Liverpool Street and Zollner Circuit
ParkingDarling Quarter car park, Harbourside car park (access from Murray Street, Pyrmont) and the ICC Sydney car park
PowerTwo pop-up bollards with 3x 15 amp, 1x 32 amp 3 phase (5 pin Wilco outlet)