The Village Green is a public open space containing both grass and landscaped areas.The Village Green South is located between Darling Quarter and Tumbalong Park adjacent to the Chinese Garden of Friendship.
The Village Green offers views of the promenade and Darling Quarter’s Luminous.
The location is best suited to events, public product displays, sampling, filming and photography.
Application and booking information
- Product sampling Public product displays
- Public gathering space
- Passive recreation
In addition to general standards/criteria, the proposed event must:
- Not obstruct pedestrian access
- Maintain a 1.5 metre set back from promenades and footpaths for the purpose of pedestrian flow
- Protect the amenity of public realm users and adjoining properties (e.g Darling Quarter), in terms of event orientation, noise, lighting and environmental impacts
- Not use pegs or stakes to secure items to the grassed area.
- Established outdoor furniture and landscaping
- Uneven or sloping ground
- Pedestrian circulation and amenity of the promenade users
- Cumulative impact of temporary events on public access and use of the lawn area
- The condition of the turf
- Location of any underground services
- Amenity of Darling Quarter’s tenants
- Limited power access
SurfaceGrass and landscaped gardens
ToiletsWithin Darling Quarter and Liverpool Street pedestrian area (including accessible toilets)
Pedestrian accessDarling Harbour Promenade, through the Darling Quarter Civic Connector, Liverpool Street and Bathurst Street
Vehicle accessVia Liverpool Street
ParkingDarling Quarter car park, Harbourside car park (access from Murray Street, Pyrmont) and the ICC Sydney car park
Power240v – 10 amp single phase
WaterPotable water available