Australian Cocktail Month
Low and no alcoholic options also featured allowing consumers to partake without compromising on the cocktail experience and flavour.
Partner venues across Australia create precincts for consumers to explore. In 2021 Australian Cocktail Month partnered with 72 handpicked venues including five of The Rocks' favourites - Frank Mac's, Grain Bar, Hickson House Distilling Co, The Doss House and Maybe Sammy.
Frank Mac’s is for the scallywags, sparra farts, urchins, beggars, scarlet ladies, drunkards, loafers, rascals, divil skins, rowdies and characters of every shade and grade of villainy. Not to mention minor royalty, sly grog queens, jailbirds, intellectuals, disk jockeys, popular musicians, and of course, in honour of the legend that was Frank Mac (RIP). Try their:
- A Pampered Day - A refreshing mix of Aloe vera, lemon and cucumber with Fords Gin
Dance with the Devil - This sumptuous cocktail uses Prohibition Moonlight Gin and a beautiful red vermouth with a hint of violets
Slim Ricky - For the lovers of classic cocktails suited for those that want a drink that will not tip them over the edge using Lyre's Dry London Spirit
Meet up for drinks in this neighbourhood cocktail bar, where a passion for craftsmanship is evident in the menu and there are friendly faces behind the bar. Enjoy their:
- Gimlet & Tonic - Combination of two world's best selling cocktails, Gimlet and G&T - featuring Bombay Sapphire Gin and Fever-Tree Elderflower Tonic Water.
- Last Word #1 - A variation on the classic Last Word, a refreshing tipple - featuring Brix White Rum
- Vermouth Spritz - A non-alcoholic version of the classic aperitivo cocktail - featuring Lyre's Aperitif Rosso
Set in the soaring brickwork and girders of the former Saatchi & Saatchi garage, scene of many infamous warehouse parties, it now houses new creative spirits in the shadow of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and just a stone’s throw from the harbour. Taste their:
- Grog on! - Rumbullion! Spiced Rum, stone fruit & winter spice goes hand in hand on this take on a classic Manhattan cocktail, rich yet refreshing.
- Tea Blossom - Light and refreshing spritz, floral notes and aromatic, rounded up with green tea - featuring Idle Hour Vodka.
- Patio Cooler - Refreshing highball with non-alcoholic American whisky, ginger beer and fresh mint - featuring Lyre's American Malt and Fever-Tree Ginger Beer.
The Doss House is an intimate, heritage underground bar with a stylish vintage interior, allowing you to easily feel transported back to another time. Recapturing the convivial spirit of Sydney’s formative years, The Doss House unites fine whiskies, spirits & cocktails with historical charm.
- Rocky Road Mountain - The ever so loved P.B & J now in liquid form! Mixed with Sheep Dog Peanut Butter Whisky and jam like vermouth.
Feels the Difference - Feel the fun with this delightful take on a gimlet using Feels Botanical Eau De Vie Bask - hemp, quandong & kakadu plum and our inhouse lime cordial.
Storm Chaser - Mixing it up with our latest twist, this 0% ABV American Malt from Lyre's and Fever-Tree Ginger Beer will leave you wanting more.
Takes inspiration from the roaring 50s, the rebirth of cool, the era where fashion and fun prevailed. Each and every delectable drink on this menu will take you through an eye-opening and distinct experience. Must haves are:
- Up Up and Away - Maybe Sammy twist on the Little Italy cocktail, perfect after dinner, with mint and averna which highlight Glenfiddich 12yo with its fruity notes, butterscotch and cream and provide depth.
- Stand Up and Fight - The match between Australia and Italy in one drink, this is our twist on a classic cocktail, Americano, Hickson Road Australian Dry Gin, Bitter Campari, native lemon myrtle and a dash of tonic. Fresh, aperitivo style perfect before dinner.
- Bee-Bom - Refreshing all day drink, a twist on a classic cocktail Army & Navy. The herbal rosemary notes highlight the fresh fluffy grapefruit juice, the orgeat balances the sweetness bringing a touch of nuttyness - featuring Lyre's Dry London Spirit.
Outside of your Australian Cocktail Month ticket, you can keep the good times rolling by taste and explore your way through some of Sydney’s best bars, pubs and restaurants.
Whether you're after a fresh and fruity tipple or some liquid refreshement that really packs a punch, you can guarantee that 6HEAD's curated list of cocktails will have a drink that first the bill.
For full-proof cocktails that are tasty and stylish to boot, head to Bar Mille. The cocktail list features everything from the signature Southside to much-loved party classic, the Pina Colada.
With a seasonal list of delicious cocktails poured by some of the best mixologists in Sydney, Pony's cheeky cocktails are a must-try.
With a carefully curated coktail list designed to enhance your dining experience, try Sake's Miss Wednesday - their twist on a lychee caipiroska, it features shochu, rose & lychees liquor shaken with vanilla and fresh lime.
With a mouth-watering menu of colonial-inspired cocktails, Sergeant Lok is a must-visit for anyone wanting to fuse history with heritage while enjoying a tasty tipple or two.
With a vibrant cocktail list that features everything from the classic Negroni to Tayim's beloved Pomegranate Punch, Tayim is a dream destination for Sydney-based cocktail connoisseurs.
Mimicking Sydney's iconic opera house, this signature cocktail from The Glenmore makes for a tasty tipple bound to impress. Fusing gin, lychee, rose and apple, the Ferry Tale is the perfect pick for merry-makers with a sweet tooth on the hunt for a stylish drink to boot.
A pint-sized watering hole in the heart of The Rocks, The Keel boasts a decadent cocktail list that pays homage to rum in all its forms, poured by master mixologists.
From classic favourites such as Aperol Spritz to new additions including Gin with Wings, The Orient Hotel offers an idyllic spot to enjoy a cockatil or two while overlooking the cobbled laneways of The Rocks.
Pink, fluffy and dangerously delicious, The Push's Madame Martini combines Ketel One Citron vodka, Passoa liqueur, prosecco, passionfruit, apple to make for a cocktail that tastes as good as it looks.
Never miss out on events
Get updates on the latest events from The Rocks.