Garden Terrace summer dining
Gather your friends, family or colleagues and head to the MCA Garden Terrace this summer. Inspired by key themes in Lindy Lee: Moon in a Dew Drop (until 28 February 2021), the team at Culinary Edge has joined forces with guest chef Patrick Friesen to create a group dining menu that’s perfect for long summer days or moonlit evenings by the harbour.
The menu includes Friesen’s take on Moon in a Dew Drop with a shared banquet menu, including:
- Buddha’s Delight, a textural vegan salad
- Prawn and Garlic Chive Dumplings with Kowloon Chilli Co. Spicy Dumpling Sauce
- a balanced main of Steamed Grouper with Shaved Abalone, Ginger and Shallot served individually
- accompaniments of elegantly Steamed Garlic Chives with Superior Soy Sauce and Steamed Rice
- a delectable dessert The Forgotten Goldfish in the Frozen Pond – Mango Pudding with Fresh Diced Mango, Coconut Cream and Lychee Granita to finish.
The menu is complemented with a selection of beverages.
With sweeping views of Sydney Harbour, the Garden Terrace overlooks Tallawoladah Lawn and is a lush and tranquil setting for entertaining.
Bookings with exclusive use of the Garden Terrace are available for groups of 30–80 people until March 2021. For reservations and enquiries, phone +61 2 9245 2480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Patrick Friesen
Originally from Kleefeld, Manitoba in Canada, Friesen landed on Australia’s shores in 2009. Since then, he has spent time working in some of the most exciting kitchens around Australia, including Bennelong, Ms. G’s, Papi Chulo, Queen Chow and The Newport. In 2018, Friesen moved to Brisbane to take on the role of Executive Chef of Howard Smith Wharves, designing menus, kitchens and leading large teams to create the iconic entertainment precinct that it has grown to be. Today, you’ll find him running and managing Kowloon Chilli Co. and at home with his son.
Images: MCA summer dining menu by guest chef Patrick Friesen, 2020. Image courtesy Museum of Contemporary Art. Photograph: Anna Kučera
Bookings with exclusive use of the Garden Terrace are available for groups of 30–80 people until March 2021.
140 George Street