George Street Revitalisation
Place Management NSW is exploring the future of George Street in The Rocks.
During COVID-19, George St The Rocks was converted to southbound traffic only to provide more public space and for local food and beverage businesses to trade outdoors.
While the initial road closure was temporary and designed to draw people back to the area, the benefits have been significant, with The Rocks experiencing a revitalisation into a thriving destination for both residents and visitors.
Due to the success of the trial road closure, Place Management NSW is now exploring the future of George Street between Globe Street and Jack Mundey Place with a vision to create a revitalised public space and outdoor dining street.
This would expand the public space in The Rocks, enhance the local economy, improve amenity and bring new life back to one of Sydney’s iconic locations, as we recover from the pandemic.
Place Management NSW will be working with stakeholders and the community to shape the look and feel of this part of George Street.
Have your say:
We invite you to have your say on the continued closure of one lane of George Street in The Rocks by participating in any of the following activities:
- Take a short survey
- Have lots of thoughts? We want to hear them. Complete the longer survey, click here
- Drop in to one of our pop ups on George Street outside, behind the MCA:
- Friday 12 November 2021, 4 pm - 7pm
- Saturday 13 November 2021, 10 am - 4pm
- Sunday 28 November 2021, 10 am - 1pm
- Want to provide a written submission? Type or upload your submission here.
We welcome feedback until the 6th December 2021.