You can’t miss it
It’s easy to get to The Rocks. In fact, you can’t miss it! The Rocks is just a short stroll from the city's two most recognisable landmarks, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House.
It’s easy to get to The Rocks. In fact, you can’t miss it! The Rocks is just a short stroll from the city's two most recognisable landmarks, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House. It is also just around the corner from the Circular Quay transportation hub and a short walk from Wynyard railway station. The Rocks extends from the harbour in the north and east, to Kent Street in the west, and Grosvenor Street in the south.
- The Rocks is an easy, 15-minute downhill stroll from Town Hall station, 10-minutes from Wynyard station and a two-minute walk from Circular Quay. The main entry point to The Rocks is via George Street. If you’re walking from Darling Harbour, you can take Hickson Road via Walsh Bay, or Kent and Argyle streets through Millers Point.
- Take the train to Circular Quay, head in the direction of Sydney Harbour Bridge, and you're only a stroll away. If you’re coming from Wynyard station, walk north down George Street towards the harbour and you’ll be here in 10 minutes. Visit transportnsw.info
- For buses travelling through the CBD along Elizabeth Street, get off the bus at Bridge Street and head north to The Rocks. Visit transportnsw.info
- Catch a ferry to Circular Quay and you’re only a short stroll away. Visit transportnsw.info
- There are a number of secure, conveniently-located parking stations in The Rocks.
- You’ll find taxi ranks on George Street near Playfair Street, on George Street at the Metcalfe Arcade, at the Overseas Passenger Terminal, and Alfred Street at Circular Quay.
- The Rocks is easily accessible by bicycle. Several bike racks are located around the perimeter of the precinct.