Partnerships Case Study: Whisk(e)y on the Rocks
Partner: Yakusan Brand Experience Agency
Objectives: Inspired by a love of great whisk(e)y and experiences, the festival was collaboratively devised to help bring life back to central Sydney, to drive sociability and adventure, and to support local businesses and beverage brands as Covid19 restrictions eased.
Rationale for location: To take advantage of Australia's most iconic and historic hospitality precinct; The Rocks, and to leverage the perfectly aligned range of F&B retailers in the precinct.
Overview: A roaming, immersive micro-festival experience, the festival was geared towards liveliness, storytelling, fun and adventure. It was designed to get people out and about, to re-discover some of Sydney’s hidden gems right on their doorstep.
The festival consisted of two key features and experiences:
- The Festival Zones - throughout the heart of The Rocks were four lively zones featuring brand partners, tastings and engaging whiskey tales.
- The Rocks Whisk(e)y Trail – was a trail of participating restaurants, bars and pubs, within short walking distance of each other, in The Rocks featuring a range of experiences and special offers for consumers to explore.
- 11 major brand activations
- 11 precinct on premise venue collaborations
- Trail venues in the precinct received up to 200% increased footfall during the event
- Venue feedback was that it was “the busiest they had been since January” – 10 months previously
- 69% of attendees said they’re likely or very likely to return in 2021
- 73% of attendees said they’re likely or very likely to purchase a whisk(e)y serve in venue
- 80% of tickets sold within the first month of being live
- Over 9.5 million PR reach across publications like GQ, Delicious and street press
- 3,689 total tickets sold – all but one session SOLD OUT