Campbells Cove is situated on the north-western side of Sydney Harbour.The Campbells Cove site provides pedestrian access from The Rocks around Sydney Harbour from Hickson Road and George St North.
The site is well suited to sampling, activations and filming & photography.
Campbells Cove is a paved open space in The Rocks, set against the backdrop of Sydney Harbour and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
It is a part of the waterfront promenade that links land-based activities along the edge of the harbour including Walsh Bay, The Rocks and the Overseas Passenger Terminal.
Application and booking information
- Product sampling Public product displays
- Water based sports and displays
- Gathering, passive recreation and informal meeting
- Pedestrian circulation
- Access to the location is limited during Ship in Port days.
- Activities that conflict with Campbells Stores operations or impact on the amenity of the public domain, may not be permitted.
- In addition to general standards/criteria, the proposed event must:
- Be set back 1.5 metres from public footpaths
- Be set back 1.5 metres from trees
- Use approved ground protection where required
- The site’s public status as a primary waterfront open space
- Access links along the promenade, from Circular Quay Way and from Hickson Road
- Access to the Campbells Stores and Overseas Passenger Terminal building’s entrances
- Maintaining a viewing corridor for the Campbells Stores and Overseas Passenger Terminal buildings
- Cumulative impact of temporary events on public access
- Vehicle access restrictions when a ship is in port at the Overseas Passenger Terminal
- Weight loading restrictions
- Maintaining pedestrian access during event builds and bump out
Pedestrian accessVia The Rocks, Circular Quay Way, Circular Quay Western Promenade, Hickson Road and George St North
Vehicle accessVia Circular Quay Way and Hickson Road. Access timings and access location are determined based on Ship in Port movements
ParkingCircular Quay Way paid parking
Available metered street parking located throughout The Rocks
Parking stations in The Rocks
Virtual 360° Tour