The Eastern Promenade is a paved area on the eastern side of Circular Quay which experiences high foot traffic.
It has sweeping views of the harbour and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Application and booking information
- Commercial promotions Promotional activity
- Pedestrian thoroughfare
In addition to general standards/criteria, the proposed event must:
- Adhere to a height clearance of 3.8m for access under the Cahill Expressway
- Adhere to maximum weight loading restrictions of 13 tonne gross in the upper section and 10 tonne gross in the lower section (any vehicle over 10 tonnes must be approved by PMNSW)
- Maintain 1 metre clearance from the heritage fencing
- Maintain a 4 metre clearance for pedestrian thoroughfare and emergency vehicle access.
- High pedestrian volume
- Weight loading constraints
- Consideration given to prevent event pollution of Sydney Harbour
- Restricted access times
- Bollards restricting access
- No access to power
- No access to water
- Noise considerations
- Limited footprint available for events
- No parking
- Heritage fence surrounding Sydney Cove
Circular Quay Train Station and Sydney Opera House (includes accessible toilets)
From Circular Quay promenades and Bennelong Point
Limited access off Phillip Street (under the Cahill Expressway)