A grassy open space in The Rocks, frequently used for passive leisure.
First Fleet Park is situated between the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) building and the Circular Quay transport interchange and adjoins the waterfront promenade along the edge of West Circular Quay.
This public space contains both paved and grassed areas and includes pedestrian north-south and east-west links, which offer panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House, the Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay.
- Event support area including first aid, catering, security info centre
- Product sampling Public product displays
- Commercial promotions Promotional activity
- Live sites
- Passive recreation
- Informal meeting
- Pedestrian circulation
In addition to general standards/criteria, the proposed event must:
- Be set back 1.5 metres from public footpaths
- Remain clear of the pit covers in the northeast corner of the park at all times
- Use approved turf protection for all vehicle movements
- Not use pegs or stakes to secure items on the grassed area
- The site's public status as a primary waterfront open space
- Access links along the promenade, from Circular Quay transport interchange, from George Street and Alfred Street
- Cumulative impact of temporary events on public access and use of the lawn area, the condition of the turf, and the location of underground services
- Vehicle access restrictions when a ship is in port at the Overseas Passenger Terminal
- Weight loading restrictions Maintaining Sydney Water's access to pit covers at all times
- Vehicle size restrictions
- Limited power on the eastern side
- Maintaining pedestrian access during event builds and bump out
Predominantly grass with paved pathways
Under Cahill Expressway (including accessible facilities)
From George Street via the pedestrian corridor under the Cahill Expressway and from Circular Quay West promenade
Limited access through George Street south.
No public parking available
Box 1 (Garden bed near First Fleet steps)
3x 32 amp 3 phase (5 pin Wilco outlet), 1x dual 10 amp single phase
Box 2 (garden bed near Cahill Expressway)
2x 32 amp 3 phase (5 pin Wilco outlet), 1x single 10 amp single phase. Some power may be unavailable due to light rail construction
Portable water available