A beautiful public park adjacent to the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) with spectacular views of Sydney Harbour.
The Tallawoladah Lawn is situated in front of the MCA adjacent to West Circular Quay. This public realm site offers panoramic views of Circular Quay, Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Light infrastructure events
- Functions, Launches
- Passive recreation
- Informal meeting
- Pedestrian circulation
Access to the lawn is limited. Activities that conflict with MCA sponsors or events, or impact on the amenity of the MCA building, may not be permitted.
In addition to general standards/criteria, the proposed event must:
- Be set back 1.5 metres from public footpaths
- Be set back 1.5 metres from trees
- Use approved turf protection for all vehicle movements
- Not use pegs or stakes to secure items on the grassed area.
- The site's public status as a primary waterfront open space
- Cumulative impact of temporary events on public access and use of the lawn area and the condition of the turf
- Access to the MCA building’s entrances
- Maintaining a viewing corridor for the MCA’s restaurants
- Location of underground services
- Vehicle access restrictions when a ship is in port at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT)
- Existing accessibility restrictions requiring addition of a ramp for events
- No potable water
- The paved forecourt directly in front of the MCA is not part of the venue and due to weight loading restrictions cannot be used for vehicle access
Predominantly grass with paved pathways and ramp
Under Cahill Expressway (including accessible facilities)
Mains sewer connection available under Cahill Expressway to plumb additional toilet blocks
From George Street through the MCA (during opening hours), and from Circular Quay West promenade
Access via George Street.
No public parking available
50 amp 3 phase (5 pin Wilco outlet)
32 amp 3 phase (5 pin Wilco outlet)
20 amp single phase