03 Aug 2021
Pony Dining's BBQ Vegetable Frittata
Pony Dining suggest to use your BBQ to grill or roast your vegetables and incorporate them into a frittata which can be eaten at any time of the day. Perfect for early risers and those who like to sleep in and wake up to a late brunch.
- 12 free range eggs
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 zucchini
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 1 eggplant
- 1 wedge of pumpkin
- 300grams Greek feta
- 100grams grated parmesan
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 bunch basil chopped
- olive oil
- unsalted butter
- Brush the capsicum with oil, grill over the coals until cooked for around 20 minutes, cool, peel, deseed, and chop into large dice.
- At the same time cut the eggplant in half lengthways and score (criss cross) brush with olive oil oil, grill until fully cooked, scoop out the flesh and roughly chop.
- With the rest of the veg also follow the same method, grill, cool and dice, you can pretty much use most vegetables.
- Whisk the eggs, add the grilled veg, season.
- In a large pan heat olive oil and a large spoon of unsalted butter, add the egg veg mixture and quickly cook for 2-3 minutes until the mix slowly starts to firm up. Remove from the heat and folf in the fetta, parmesan and chopped herbs.
- Pour into a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 160c for approx. 20minutes or until fully set.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool, then turn out on a tray, cut into wedges and serve.
- You can also use your oven to roast your vegetables instead of the BBQ.
- For the non-vegetarians out there, you can add some proscuitto to top the frittata for a little something extra.
Want to experience this in restaurant? Pony Dining are holding bottomless brunch this Father's Day and every last weekend of the month! Make your booking today.