Artist in Residence Package at Shangri-La Sydney
Elevate your getaway to a new level of luxury with the bespoke Artist in Residence package, offering private access to stunning artworks by Australian artist Goompi Ugerabah.
Stay in a luxurious Sydney Harbour Suite, beautifully adorned with two of Goompi's artworks, while enjoying breathtaking panoramas of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
To complete your memorable artistic escape, enjoy a five-course dinner at award-winning Altitude Restaurant on level 36 complete with iconic wine pairing and a rejuvenating massage for two at Chi, The Spa.
As an exquisite keepsake, you will be able to take home a limited-edition print of either "Mother’s Protection" or "Tdapul Water Brings Life (Buudala)," both exclusively created by Goompi for this unique package.
THIS OFFER INCLUDES:
- Accommodation for two guests in a Horizon Club Sydney Harbour Suite for one night only
- Two Goompi Uberabah artworks displayed in the suite for the duration of your stay
- A Goompi Ugerabah (unframed) limited-edition print to take home to the value of RRP $2,500
- A five-course dinner for two guests at a window table at Altitude including iconic wine pairing
- A pre-dinner premium cocktail per guest at Blu Bar on 36
- A 60-minute massage for two guests (includes foot or hand therapy and collagen bio cellulose eye mask, and a 45-minute infrared sauna for two at Chi, The Spa
- Horizon Club Access for two guests including daily buffet breakfast, afternoon tea, evening canapes and beverages.
To book or for further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (61 2) 9250 6000. Please note: This package can be booked via phone, email or in person only.
The Artist in Residence Package is for a one-night stay. Any additional nights will be offered at the best available rate.
MEET THE ARTIST:
Goompi Ugerbabah, whose tribal name translates to 'possum from the place of the goanna', is a descendant of the Gurreng Gurreng people in the Bundaberg region of Queensland. Born and raised on the Kombumerri tribal area (Gold Coast) and Minjungbal tribal area (Tweed Heads), Goompi began to paint at the age of 25, after learning and practicing culture through song and dance in his early teens. Goompi is renowned for using a restrained colour palette to create exciting and engaging works of art that tell the story of his homeland.
Shangri-La Sydney acknowledges the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation as traditional custodians of the land. We pay our respects to Gadigal Elders, past, present and future.
- The Artist in Residence Package is for a one-night stay. Any additional nights will be offered at the best available rate.
- Shangri-La Sydney accepts no responsibility for damage to the print artwork once provided to the guest on check out.
- Shangri-La Sydney is not liable for transport of the print from the hotel to the guest’s final destination.
- Once a guest receives the print upon check out, they will be accountable for all transport purposes.
- Size of the print and box to be communicated with guest in advance when making the booking.
- The package can only be booked via phone or email. Cannot be booked online.
- Full pre-payment from the guest is required at time of booking the package and is non-refundable and non-transferable/non-amendable.
- Guests select one artwork from the two pieces that are part of the package: “Mother’s Protection” or Tdapul “Water Brings Life” (Buudala)
- The unframed “Mother’s Protection” print measures approximately 762mm x 414 and the unframed Tdapul “Water Brings Life” (Buudala) print measures approximately 762mm x 580mm.
- Prints are subject to artist availability.
- The two prints displayed in the Sydney Harbour Suite for the duration of the guests stay will be ‘Mother’s Protection’ and Tdapul “Water Brings Life” (Buudala).
- Not available with any other hotel offer and excludes blackout dates.
- The 60-minute Chi, The Spa treatment includes a massage for two guests, a foot or hand therapy and a collagen bio cellulose eye mask. Guests also enjoy a 45-minute infrared sauna for two guests.
- The dining and spa components of the Artist in Residence Package are only available on the first night of the stay. If guests book additional nights at a regular suite rate, food and beverage and spa experiences are at an additional cost.
- The artist in residence package is available until the 1st August, 2024.