Journey Walks : passionate team of Sydney historians who bring to life the notorious true crime stories riddled throughout The Rocks on bespoke tours and events.
Specialising in narrative-based experiences, their tours and events reimagine the colourful characters of Sydney’s convict era and evoke its 19th century underworld of street gangs, opium dens, gambling haunts, murders and mysteries.
They work closely with many of the area’s most historic pubs and heritage venues — allowing groups to immerse themselves within ancient sandstone cellars turned whisky bars and enjoy cocktails in former police cells. As well discovering the secrets of some of Australia’s oldest colonial hotels.
Animating the tales, trails and tastes of historic haunts throughout The Rocks, their unique experiences are available for public and private groups and easily customised for work teams and educational excursions.
- SYDNEY’S CONVICT COLONY
- MURDERS ON THE ROCKS
- THE MYSTERIES OF MILLERS POINT
- COCKTAILS AND CRIME STORIES
- STORIES FROM THE CELLS at Sergeant Lok Restaurant
- GIN CITY : SIN CITY at Frank Macs gin and cocktail bar
- COLD ALES & CRIME TALES at the Australian Heritage Hotel
- WHISKIES & MYSTERIES at the Doss House Whisky bar