Songwriters @ The Rocks
This original singer songwriter competition was all about giving locals a chance to see Sydney’s freshest, most exciting musical talent live before they make it big, providing a unique opportunity for singer songwriters to showcase their talent.
The top singer songwriters battled it out at our Songwriters @ The Rocks as they competed to make it to our live stage on Sunday 20 June 2021. The performance venues included Sydney’s most atmospheric heritage laneways and pubs:
The Mercantile Hotel
Jack Mundey Place
The Mercantile Hotel
The epic conclusion of Songwriters @ The Rocks happened live at First Fleet Park on Sunday 20 June from 1pm - 4pm. The Top Four singer songwriters were:
They were joined by two of Australia’s established music talent, including Phil Jamieson and Boo Seeka (acoustic).
The winner of Songwriters @ The Rocks was crowned as the next big thing in Australian original music and won a share of an exclusive prize pool.
The winner received a prize up to the value of $15,000, including:
1. The Grove Studios Academy - 1 Day Studio 1 - $1200 + GST, 1 Day Engineer - $ 400 + GST, 1 x Mix - $1200, Total - $2800 + gst.
2. White Sky Accounting - Royalty / Artist Accounting consult + Tour Tracks tour budgeting software one subscription - $2000
3. Afends - $500 wardrobe
4. Mr Simple - $1000 wardrobe
5. Sound Merch - $500 artist merch production.
6. Matty Woo - Pistol MGMT - Single / EP release mentoring. $7000
7. Nandos - Vouchers - $400 for winner and $200 for each runner up - Total $1200
APRA AMCOS is a key business partner to Australasian music creators. The music rights management organisation represents 108,000 members who are songwriters, composers and music publishers. APRA AMCOS licenses organisations to play, perform, copy or record members’ music, and distributes royalties to members.
As a world-leading organisation invested in the future of music, APRA AMCOS enables music creators and customers to maximise the value music brings to business and life. This is achieved through a simple and effective licensing framework, and providing holistic industry support – from education, to live music, export, creators’ rights advocacy and recognition through a high profile awards and events program.