Sydney WorldPride Expression of Interest
The NSW Government is proud to support Sydney WorldPride in 2023.
Placemaking NSW is seeking expressions of interest from LGBTQIA+ artists to deliver temporary artworks in foreshore locations in our precincts during WorldPride Sydney 2023. The works will create an art trail along the foreshore that supports inclusion and the celebratory nature of WorldPride Sydney 2023. The works will remain in situ for the duration of the event from 17 February to 5 March 2023.
Artists are welcome to submit concepts for:
- a linking series of work/s along the foreshore or key public spaces of The Rocks/Tallawoladah and Darling Harbour/ Tumbalong; or
- a stand-alone work (or works) in one or both precinct/s. For example, an artist may submit one work for one specific location or multiple works for installation across The Rocks / Tallawoladah and Darling Harbour/Tumbalong precincts.
The budget to deliver a series of artwork/s across both precincts is $80,000+GST.
The budget for each precinct is $40,000+GST which means should an artist submit one or more works for one precinct only, the maximum budget is $40,000+GST.
All forms of artwork will be considered, except for live performance.
Placemaking NSW reserves the right to select one or more artists for this program. Collaborations are supported if desired. Artists can register their interest by sending the below details to email@example.com. with the subject heading ‘Sydney WorldPride 2023 Artist EOI’.
Please include in a single pdf document in A4 size with (up to 8 pages);
- Concept design of your artwork/s and nominated location/s
- Short description of your work (300 words max)
- A budget outlining costs (must include: artist fee, production, install/deinstall & any materials)
- CV with your contact details
- Artist/s bio (100 words max)
- Website link (if applicable)
- Vimeo or website links of previous performances (if applicable)
- Up to 5 images of previous work (please insert these into the document with title, medium, year and location)
Please title the document with your name and state of residence (NSW, VIC, etc).
Please register your interest by 18 January 2023. Artists will be notified by 20 January 2023.
All works must be able to be produced and ready for installation by 15 February 2023.
The NSW public service strives to be a reflection of the community it serves. We actively promote employee networks and campaigns that encourage understanding of inclusion and diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive workplace for all.
As Tallawoladah (The Rocks) and Tumbalong (Darling Harbour) and Barangaroo precincts’ custodians, Placemaking NSW recognises and understands that it stands on Aboriginal land, the area we know as Sydney. We would like to acknowledge the Gadigal of the Eora Nation and their Elders as the Traditional Custodians of this area.