Rocks Market Applications are currently closed.
Please click back for more information in Feb 2018.
How will my stallholder application be assessed?
Your application, photographs and samples will be presented to an assessment committee who review your application. If your application meets the criteria it then needs to achieve a minimum entry score. Please note the assessment committee may request further information or other materials to be supplied in order to complete the application process.
How long does this process take?
Once your application and samples have been received the application process normally takes 4 – 6 weeks.
Will I receive my samples back?
Samples will be returned to you using standard Australia Post services unless you contact us to make other arrangements. Perishable goods such as foodstuffs or goods with a contamination risk such as cosmetic products will not be returned and will be disposed of after assessment unless you contact us to make other arrangements.
When does The Rocks Markets open?
- The Rocks Markets trades every Saturday and Sunday (except Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve) from 10am to 5pm.
- The Rocks Friday Foodie Market trades on Fridays (except Good Friday, ANZAC Day when it falls on a Friday and the week between Christmas and New Years Day) from 9am to 3pm.
- The Rocks Markets also trades on some public holidays and special event days.
How much does a stall cost?
- For the Saturday and Sunday market a standard 2.4 x 2.4m stall is $136 per day, a 3 x 3m stall is $212.50 per day and a 1.5 x 1.5m stall is $56 per day, with an additional $15 per day for electricity (all prices are GST inclusive).
- A stall at the Friday Foodies Market ranges from $30 to $140 per day depending on size with an additional $15 per day for electricity (GST inclusive).
- Pricing for special event markets vary.
Do I have to trade every week?
No. If your application is successful you will receive a casual stallholder agreement that allows you to book for available places using an online booking system.
What booking options are available?
You are able to book for Friday, Saturday and Sunday consecutively or a combination of individual days.
What is provided?
- You will be provided with either a pop-up marquee, umbrella or an area under the George Street canopy.
- We can provide 1 trestle table per stall either a 2.4 metre or a 1.8 metre trestle table. Stallholders can use their own furniture (with approval).